The 2nd Godmanchester Bomber Command Veterans Day 2016
Saturday 25th June 2016 The Comrades Club Godmanchester
- Johnny Johnson, 617 Squadron, Bomb Aimer on board ‘T for Tommy' on the famous raid against the Sorpe Dam Busters
- Eric Quinney The Dam Busters 1955 Film, Eric flew Lancaster P for Popsie in the aerial shots.
- Donald Jeffs, XV Squadrons Stirling MacRoberts Reply'. Donald crashed in both Stirling aircraft to carry the name and became a POW after being shot down over Denmark
- lan Blair, took the controls of a Blenheim bomber when the pilot was killed and landed it perfectly. He then went onto to train as a pilot and flew Spitfires. By the end of the war he had been shot down so twice.
- Jo Lancaster, Wellington and Lancaster pilot, post war test pilot and the first Britain to use an ejector seat in an emergency.
- James Flowers, tail end Charlie in 44 and 55 Squadron Lancasters in 1944/45. He has many tales of encounters with enemy night fighters. One battle lasted 26 minutes!
Veterans Signings 10am to 1pm (Any 2 items for £10)
Above subject to change at short notice.
Exhibits and support from the following groups
- Little Gransden Air Show, The Pathfinder Heritage Centre
- The Brampton Model Club, The Stirling Aircraft Project
- The Cambridge Bomber & Fighter Society, RAF Tempsford
- Museum, RAF Henlow (Signals) Museum, 73 Squadron
- Huntingdon) Cadets, Simply Planes, The Short Stirling W6730
- Project and The Porch Museum (Godmanchester)
View interview with Roger Leivers that was shown on Cambridge TV