Great Eastern Railway bridge linking Huntingdon East Station to Godmanchester. The bridge was a two track wooden trestle bridge constructed in 1850. The line ran through a cutting in Huntingdon’s Castle Hills.
The bridge was only suitable for light locomotives and had a speed limit of 40pmh, being made of wood it was a constant fire hazard from sparks in dry weather. The bridge was destroyed when the A14 by-pass was constructed.
The A14 by-pass bridge now spans the river following the course of the old railway line.